Wenzel Metal Spinning delivers high-quality, highly-precise metal spinning using high-strength, high-temperature weathering steel, also known as Corten, CorTen and Cor-Ten.
Combining unparalleled technical expertise with nearly four decades of industry experience, our dedicated spinning specialists work closely with you to design, develop and deliver a customized spinning solution that meets your exact specifications to shape superior pieces from this strong, study steel.
Corten is the trademarked name, and is known generically as weather steel, or by it’s ASTM numbers A242, A588 and A606; these all mean the steel has the same traits: corrosion resistance and tensile strength.
Typical Corten Uses
Corten weathering steel is ideal for products and equipment primarily used outdoors - where the steel’s natural resistance to corrosion and heat are critical:
- Architectural components
- Flag bases
- Table bases
- Fan and air movement components
- Agricultural machinery
- Storage bins
Benefits of Spun Corten
Corten weathering steel is highly resistant to corrosion and heat by keeping its full strength and stiffness at elevated temperatures compared to regular steel.
The elemental composition of Corten weathering steel provides a protective outer layer that gets stronger and sturdier when exposed to weather conditions. This oxidized coating shields the steel from future corrosion.
Corten weathering steel:
- Extremely strong
- Requires minimal maintenance
- Does not need to be painted
- Resistant to corrosion
- Maintains strength under higher temperatures
Corten is Available in These Forms
Wenzel Metal Spinning also specializes in manufacturing formed tank heads, hemisphere, and metal cones. We can make the following below with Corten:
Formed Tank Heads: Sizes range from just a few inches in diameter, up to 90 inches in diameter, depending on depth, configuration, and material such as corten.
Custom Spun Hemispheres: Typically used for tank ends, protective caps, covers, and architectural components such as finials, fountains, or fire pits. Wenzel can spin made-to-order hemispheres for a wide range of commercial and industrial applications in a variety of materials.
Spun Metal Cones: Commonly used for funnels or reducers to convey or collect gasses, liquids, or bulk solids. Wenzel Metal Spinning manufactures custom cones in a wide range of sizes: From just a few inches in diameter, up to 70 inches in diameter.
Delivering the service you deserve
Our name says it all: Wenzel Metal Spinning specializes in and is dedicated to metal spinning. Wenzel Metal Spinning offers high-quality, cost-effective customized metal spinning ideal for a wide variety of industrial uses.
Wenzel Metal Spinning has the experience, the expertise, and the equipment to deliver the high-quality, highly-precise metal spinning you need.
- Founded in 1982 – operating for 38 years
- Privately owned and owner operated
- Specialize exclusively in metal spinning
- Can spin materials between ¾” and 96 inches in diameter
- Skilled workforce dedicated to quality
- Dedicated to outstanding customer service
- Provide superior product support
- Quick and prompt deliveries
- 225,000 square feet of manufacturing space
- Three locations
- Headquartered in Fremont, Indiana
- Locations in Scottsboro, Alabama, and Angola, IN
- State of the art equipment
- Unparalleled level of automation
- Best and largest automated CNC spinning
- Capacity to fill large and small orders quickly and competitively
Let’s get started! Please fill out the form to let Wenzel Metal Spinning assist you with any questions about the design of your part, our capabilities, or to find out how we can help you reduce the cost of your current metal spinning.